REAL ESTATE LAW
Real Estate Investments
If you buy a property in Spain, you must take into account the full process is not easy to understand. In order to avoid bad practice or problems in the future, we offer the following services:
1. Drafting, translation into English and/or supervision of purchase contracts and all kind of documents related to the investment.
2. Application of statements to the Estates Record Office in order to verify that the property has no charges or encumbrances.
3. Constant and direct communication with the client about the process of the purchase.
4. Analysis and study of Mortgage or Loan options for the purchase.
5. Drafting and supervision of the Public Purchase Tittle Deed.
6. Proceedings to obtain the NIE number, if the case.
7. Signing of the electricity and water supply contracts on your behalf.
8. Application of a telephone line (if you wish so).
9. Entry of your property in the records of the Municipality for the future payment of Local Rates (IBI and and Garbage collection).
10. Debiting of charges on your account for payment of the electricity, water and telephone bills, and local taxes, garbage collection fee and the Community of Owners fees .
11. Notification in writing of the obligation to submit the Annual Wealth and Income Tax declarations in due time, the first year. In case you may need a tax office in order to fullfil these and any other taxes, please ask for an estimate, so that we can study your situation and give you the best rates/service.
Also, you have to consider that if you buy a property in Spain, you will have to pay other expenses: Notary fees, Registration and proceeding fees, VAT, Stamp Duty, Water, Electricity and Telephone Connections fees, Insurance and Valuation Survey (the last one, only in case that you apply for a mortgage). Our fees do not include all those expenses, but we will arrange free of charge all the paperwork connected with them. In Spain, once you own a property, you are bound to pay the Wealth and Income Tax every year. We also offer our clients an extra service of submiting their Tax declarations. If you are interested on that service, please ask for more information.
On the other hand, if you require any other legal services (not related to Real Estate Law), please do not hesitate to contact us in order to get more information about our services and fees.